In my final post to you in 2015, I wanted to provide motivation. So there is nothing better than to give you a little boost to reinvigorate zeal for your business:
1. Shake It Up. Try different things in order to get different results. Take two or three things you do flip the method. Choose a new location for a meeting or pass on a task you normally do to someone else.
2. Understand what you believe. Examine the purpose of your business and see where your values and beliefs intersect. When you see how living your values contributes to the business, you get re-energized. And if not, than it may be your indication to embark on new opportunities.
3. Do what you love. If you’re constantly doing things you don’t enjoy then it will pain you to do them. Tackle this by using your strengths, which makes work feel both easier and more fun. This simple adjustment can revive a strong sense of meaning and purpose.
4. Be Forward Thinking. It’s easy to los sight of your purpose if you’re constantly working with your head down all of the time. Take a morning out each month to examine your businesses aspirational goals. Don’t be always on – when you are feeling low on energy take a day or two off. “Stop and Smell the Roses” and engage in activities you love. Sometimes lack of interest could just be brought on by fatigue.
5. Make Purpose a Daily Ritual. Spend more than a few times a year feeling good about what you are doing. It’s essential to connect with your meaning and purpose every day. Stay connected to that vision and make time for it, and happiness ensues.”
The day-to-day challenge of being a business owner at times may tug at your motivation. But with the above methods, you can reinvigorate your passion and reconnect with the meaning in what you do.